a child at heart
the one and only soki. likes to go around finding my way in life. but i have promises to keep, and miles to go before i sleep


the looking glass
I believe in angels,
The kind that heaven sends,
I am surrounded by angels,
But I call them friends.

- Aizabel Parinas -


dear santa
chocolates and what nots


pops my balloon
boredom


tagboard


blasting into space
04s78
lixiang
ger
zhiyong
pooh
yiteng
kim
huimin
estella
mel
ah goh
sherman
qunxiang
wt&gracie
shimmie
chian hui
jeff
shuyu
julia

LibraryThing
my photo album
ThinkExist


running in reverse
7월 2007
8월 2007
9월 2007
10월 2007
11월 2007
12월 2007
1월 2008
2월 2008
3월 2008
4월 2008
5월 2008
6월 2008
7월 2008
8월 2008
9월 2008
10월 2008
11월 2008
12월 2008
1월 2009
2월 2009
3월 2009
4월 2009
5월 2009
6월 2009
7월 2009
8월 2009
9월 2009
10월 2009
11월 2009
12월 2009
1월 2010
2월 2010
3월 2010
4월 2010
5월 2010
6월 2010
8월 2010
9월 2010
10월 2010
11월 2010
12월 2010
1월 2011
2월 2011
3월 2011
4월 2011
5월 2011
7월 2011
8월 2011
9월 2011

credits
designer DancingSheep
resources + +


random musings
- 금요일, 11월 12, 2010 -

So its Veteran's Day today.

I had been working on some assignment for the morning, inefficiently. Its a mental issue which I shall find some way to battle. Soon.

And so. I started thinking about the people I have met in my life, the people I'm still meeting and the people I have chosen to befriend and are still friends - productivity gone down the drain.

There's this friend whom I like to sit next to in the classes we have together. She has her principles, and she stuck by those principles strictly. I know of some people who are like her, just a little inflexible, but admirably uphold what they believe in. Its a quality that not many people have in today's society, inundated with the mob culture and conformist ideology.
And sooo. I love to argue with her. Because she won't bulge from her stand. And when she does bulge just a wee bit, it makes me feel REEEAAALYY good. - I know, how ridiculous is that.

Just the other day, while we were walking home, we discussed the kind of shows we like to see - drama serials, movies, etc. We had some common favourites - like. Inception.
She hated Avatar, and I watched Avatar twice.

And so. She criticised a particular drama 恶作剧之吻 and said that the Japanese drama Last Friends is more worth watching. So we talked about the issues covered; and how, some really truly lame, simple shows, deliver messages in a more palatable way, while similar issues would be delivered in a way that is more difficult to stomach. Of course, some can say that its a difficult argument to make. That one simply can't find any relevant issues in the former, and its simply a brainless one. I guess, then, you didn't appreciate it. (Oh, how insulted she was. But its all in the fun, laughter, peace and joy of arguments.) The goal of shows, is often about the relevance of the issues covered to the audience, which make Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility and GATTACA (etc etc) such classics, just because the issues pervade the society even till today. Movie-goers and couch-potatoes have different tolerance level for stress and emotions, and they get "sucked in" while watching the films and dramas to different extents. If the idea is about bringing awareness to a mob, lame dramas or even documentaries with a nuanced tone are the way to go. If you need a loud enough message to reach out to a different group of people with a different threshold, serious and emotional dramas/movies/documentaries will be more effective.

I guess you can see how stressed I am over the assignment. Its due tomorrow.

< 02:28 >