Incubation time
- 월요일, 8월 02, 2010 -
I've been keeping myself occupied these few weeks! - doing attachment, playing tennis, watching movies on computer, even shopping.
Shopping in UK in summer is surprisingly cheap, making me a happy woman having gone through retail therapy. I watched Hancock and The Other Boleyn Girl, one a comedy, one a tragedy. I played tennis in a lackadaisical manner, but am improving recreationally. My attachment is going and ending well - finishing up this friday as my last day. I was told to carry out an experiment today solo, one that nobody in the lab has done before and my supervisor just said, "Well, go ahead and try. If it works tell me. Oh, the kit costs 350pounds" I'm like - errrrr, ok. Mental calculations: 350pounds currently = 700+sgd, but maybe a year ago, = 1000sgd. And he's letting me play with the kit? erms, swallow saliva - Sure!. hahaha. After all, I should make myself more game for things, too scared and stay too much in my comfort zone. So I'm trying out the kit as I'm typing this - incubation time. Nobody's guiding me, because nobody knows this.
Been playing monopoly these few days. Interest in it was rekindled by my 2 playmates. I'm obviously a lousy player and a failed businessman, I was the first to go bankrupt in consecutive games. NEVER MIND!! I'm learning. Learning how to identify monopoly and preventing monopoly. Playing it has also rekindled my interest in board games, making me go online and search for board games to play, online version of Game of Life and whatnots. - Ridiculous rights, I sound like I'm slacking (Oh, but I am. MUAHAHAHAHAH)
Have also been searching out recipes - instant sauce packs no more. I shall try to cook carbonara!! It looks simple, after all the ingredients are easily available here. Culinary chef art thou, soki! Want to eat anything that I cook, LiXiang? MUAHAHAHA.
Counting down the days to head to US. Flying next friday to Boston and I will get to see LiXiang!! muahaha. I have kind of pressured her to pick me up, and offer her my hard floor to sleep for the weekend - I have got no furniture, only 4 walls and the floor. Checking out my academic calendar and calendar of what-other-random-events so as to plan out the days before classes start. I'm arranging with this other lady who's going to HGSE in going for orientation tours organized by the school. She knows how to drive, and now I'm feeling bad for not learning how to drive because the pressure of driving is going to be on others and I'm just getting free lifts :(
There. The impetus to learn driving.
Oh well, with 4 more days of lab to go, I'm trying to enjoy having morning coffee/tea with some biscuits, lunch at 1pm, and the occasional afternoon tea (one can't look like she's slacking too much). We have got Hershey's chocolates one afternoon tea. I have a feeling that my supervisor and his wife are going to do something at friday's teatime seeing that it's going to be farewell for me (Will there be cakes?!), that means I have to bring something to tea too. -__-
The people who were leaving, on their last day, treat the lab to some stuff. Sometimes there were cakes, sometimes wine, sometimes chocolates. I'm racking my brain to think of what to bring. I brought pineapple tarts on the first day I was here, so no SG food to offer. Oh wells. Time to head to the supermarket after testing if the 350pound kit works.
Have I mentioned that I'm learning how to play piano? I'm learning from a book. So with my clumsy fingers, I punched out CDEFGCDEFG, F chord C chord and whatnots, while Mr Lu just tsktsk at my tortoise speed.
Went to London one weekend and watched Wicked. Its good. But my first love shall still be Les Miserables. Anyone want to watch Les Miserables the third time with me? Drank freshly made soya bean milk in London too! sighs. Can anyone Fedex Mr Bean to me?
The horses' fur is really rough! But it was exhilarating to touch a horse. I patted a cat yesterday too, during tennis playing. Its fur was like velvet. Obviously a well-taken-care-of cat. I was in this other college to play tennis, some girls' college. So this cat sidled up to an old man, and the man obliged it and bend down to pat it. When I ran over eagerly to pat the cat, the man said, pointing at the cat, "Well can you believe it? This is a girls' school, and I have just got picked up by her!"
< 21:21 >