a child at heart
the one and only soki. likes to go around finding my way in life. but i have promises to keep, and miles to go before i sleep


the looking glass
I believe in angels,
The kind that heaven sends,
I am surrounded by angels,
But I call them friends.

- Aizabel Parinas -


dear santa
chocolates and what nots


pops my balloon
boredom


tagboard


blasting into space
04s78
lixiang
ger
zhiyong
pooh
yiteng
kim
huimin
estella
mel
ah goh
sherman
qunxiang
wt&gracie
shimmie
chian hui
jeff
shuyu
julia

LibraryThing
my photo album
ThinkExist


running in reverse
7월 2007
8월 2007
9월 2007
10월 2007
11월 2007
12월 2007
1월 2008
2월 2008
3월 2008
4월 2008
5월 2008
6월 2008
7월 2008
8월 2008
9월 2008
10월 2008
11월 2008
12월 2008
1월 2009
2월 2009
3월 2009
4월 2009
5월 2009
6월 2009
7월 2009
8월 2009
9월 2009
10월 2009
11월 2009
12월 2009
1월 2010
2월 2010
3월 2010
4월 2010
5월 2010
6월 2010
8월 2010
9월 2010
10월 2010
11월 2010
12월 2010
1월 2011
2월 2011
3월 2011
4월 2011
5월 2011
7월 2011
8월 2011
9월 2011

credits
designer DancingSheep
resources + +


sparkle like a star
- 화요일, 12월 23, 2008 -

Project sparkle @ vietnam had been memorable.


I went in thinking that I might not click with my teammates, but I came out of it making friends, and I wish to believe, lasting ones. I will miss them all. My dearest xinxin mummy and my dearest friends who took care of me when I fell sick just 3 days after the project started.



Teaching the young sewing workers who are only 15-17yrs old really make me treasure what I have had in sg. At 15-17yrs old, I was blissfully studying, advancing in the direction that I want. But at this age, they are working really hard the whole day, churning out pants and shirts. And yet, through it all, they have that innocence, and the love and zest for life. What do we have? Coloured blinds.

I will miss their laughter, the kind that is wild and abandoned. Loud and clear, with that sparkle in the eyes. None of those guarded ones that I often see.





















Of course, nothing could beat teaching the young ones at Le Dinh Chinh. The kids are so simple and so easily contented, that you cant help but fall in love with all of them. yes, theres a language barrier, they babbled in Vietnamese and I could only look at them, smile and hug them, and with that, they laugh, giggled and pulled you along with them to wherever they wish to go. They asked for autographs, they played with your cameras, they asked you to join them in hopscotch and chapteh, they gave kisses on the cheeks, they slap your butts, they played hide and seek and derived pleasure in playing 5 on 1 scissors paper stone. Leaving the school was the hardest. Seeing the fruits of our hard work, white walls, blue windows and doors, clean classrooms, tears and laughters on the children’s faces, that was the most satisfying, and the memories will stay in my heart. Toujours.


Been back for 4 days now. Still recovering, but painfully slow. I still need the second dose of hep a and b jab. But I guess that will have to wait till im well and kicking.


I wish. Life is simpler. I wish I don’t have to make decisions. I wish that I could stay in Vietnam with my son and my daughter. I wish I don’t have to stand on the road, and wonder when the car will crash into me. I cant decide to run forward or backward from the road. this time, its too important for me to run away. I had always ran. Away from cars, away from problems, away from unpleasant things. But in this case, I have no idea how to stop the car. if I could, I would. Its hurting now, even before/without the crash. I fear. Fear for the moment when I feel the impact. Because im not sure if I can recover. then i have that crazy urge, to just sit down in a daze and let the tears fall. for the things, people, and happenings i missed, and will miss.

All or none...

all or none.


Marjorie Holmes

What feeling is so nice as a child's hand in yours? So small, so soft and warm, like a kitten huddling in the shelter of your clasp.


< 11:59 >